Corporate Citizenship | Clicks Support
Clicks is committed to providing ongoing support to our customers, staff and community during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Supporting our community: Clicks Directors have donated 33% of salaries to the Solidarity Fund
The Clicks Group Executive (CEO Vikesh Ramsunder, CFO Michael Fleming and Human Resources Director Bertina Engelbrecht) have committed to donate 33% of their monthly guaranteed salary to the Solidarity Fund for 3 months. The chairman of the board as well as other non-executive directors have also committed to donating a third of their directors’ fees over the next three months.
Supporting our customers and community with Free Primary Health Services
Clicks has introduced Free Primary Health Services at our clinics for non-medical aid members. These services include temperature checks, Blood pressure, cholesterol and glucose screenings. These services will be available at Clicks clinics, nationwide, after 1pm. Available until 31 May 2020. Click here to book a clinic appointment online.
Donation of 10,000 Flu vaccines to front line healthcare workers
The Clicks Helping Hands Trust has donated 10,000 flu vaccines to the Western Cape Department of social development and Department of Health.
The trust is privileged to assist with the vaccination of key front line healthcare workers enhancing both their immunity and confidence during these uncertain times when every South African citizen feels their health is compromised.
Curbing the spread of Coronavirus: Protecting our staff and customers in stores
Clicks has implemented the following initiatives within our stores to protect the health and safety of our employees and our customers:
- Plexiglass screens (sneeze screens) have been implemented at tills and pharmacy counters.
- Face visors have been supplied to our customer-facing staff to prevent the spread of COVID-19 and protect both our customers and staff.
- Flu vaccinations have been offered at no cost to all store staff to help build their immunity.
- Clicks clinics remain open focussing on flu vaccinations as their key priority.
- Continuous training of staff about the coronavirus and the precautionary hygiene principles to adhere to in order to limit its spread.
- Cleaning our stores more frequently.
- Placing wipes and sanitisers throughout our stores.
- Stopping all proximate interaction with customers such as beauty make overs.
- Limiting the number of customers in-store at any one time (with installation of markers on the floor to indicate how far apart customers should stand)
- Responsibly destroying all in-store testers.
Keeping up with the Flu vaccination demand
With demand for flu vaccines quadrupling in the past few weeks, we have trained an additional 200 pharmacists to administer vaccines and have provided dedicated nurses at high-traffic stores.
Minimising your time away from home: Supporting our customers with services available online and on the app
- The Clicks App allows all prescriptions to be submitted to a pharmacy counter, for medication collection in 4 hours.
- The Repeat Prescription Service enables your medication to be prepared in advance and reminders sent to you for collection.
- Clicks Direct Medicine delivers your chronic medication to your home.
- Clicks website allows you to shop all your front shop needs for delivery to your home or your nearest store for collection. OTC (Over the counter) medication is also available to order online, and collect at your nearest pharmacy. Click here to order OTC medication
Keeping you informed: Expert advice and information on COVID-19
Clicks Pharmacist Waheed Abdurahman answers our customer and community FAQs on COVID-19. Visit his FAQ page here.
We have created a dedicated COVID-19 super section on our online Health Hub to provide facts, updates and information on the Coronavirus and advice on how to protect yourselves and your families. Visit the Health Hub COVID-19 super section here.
Fear and anxiety during this pandemic can be overwhelming and common. We give advice in association with ICAS South Africa on how to cope during this stressful period.
Visit our Clicks Facebook page for a weekly Q&A session, every Friday from 12pm – 2pm